8/19/2009

Summer

What an interesting summer I have had thus far. It’s hard to believe it is coming to an end in just a few weeks. Though I am ready to get back to work and warping our future leaders, I will miss a great many things this summer has brought.

One of the greatest things I will miss is the fun people I had the opportunity to play with. Some whom I see from time to time during the school year and others I only see once or twice a year. I sometimes forget how blessed I am by the people around me. I like summers because each new summer brings a person or two from my past across my path. It is such a joy and adventure getting to know them all over again. I will miss the time I’ve had to visit with them.

I will miss the opportunities I have had to frolic in nature. At the beginning of the summer, I helped supervise a week-long photography and hiking camp. A teacher I worked with last school year and I drove and hiked with up to 20 middle school kids each day for a week. The teacher shared his knowledge of photography and the kids provided the entertainment. It was an unbelievable week! I was a bit sore after the week was done, but it was well worth it. Last week, we took some of the same kids up to Lookout Mountain (next to Mt. Hood). It was an amazing trip! The view was breath-taking and the kids were hilarious. I really live in a beautiful part of the country. Maybe I will share some pictures with you sometime.

Sleeping in is always a joy. Staying up late can be a blast, too. Unfortunately, work makes me a grown up and being a grown up requires me to be awake at a certain time and that makes staying up late not as much fun. Ah…being responsible…
The summer has been a good one. I soon leave on my final adventure of summer 2009. Watch out Maine, here I come! I hope you all had an incredible summer, filled with adventures, laughter, lots of love, and some peaceful, relaxful time.

2 comments:

Kori said...

Nice to hear from you again. Glad you have had a good summer.

Anonymous said...

You posted! Good for you!! Hope you are having a good time in Maine.
Love,
Magen