3/12/2009

Insomnia Journal

Day one of the insomnia marathon…

Why can’t I sleep? I wanna sleep! I need to sleep!

Day two of the insomnia marathon…

My brain just won’t shut off. Too many thoughts, all running around at once. Thinking about my mom and her future. Thinking about work and the great kids I work with. I wonder who won the body system debates? Bummed I missed the championship round. Thinking about what I should do for spring break and this summer? Should I make a career change? How about a hair cut? Sleep would be nice. Sleep…1 sheepy…2 sheepy…3 sheepy… 7 shee… wait…did I take my vitamin today?

Day three of the insomnia marathon…

It’s amazing how dark night is. Though I do not live in a big city, there are still many street lights. But tonight it is very dark and very quiet. The quiet seems strange. My neighbor downstairs seems to get louder after 10 pm. Very quiet. A little creepy, but what’s that? A helicopter at 2:48 am? Must be for the hospital. That’s not a good sign. I hope whomever is hurt or sick will be ok. I would love to fly in a helicopter someday, but not that one. Maybe one in Hawaii or in Iceland or over the Grand Canyon. “Just a spoonful of sugar…” Maybe I will write a few letters.

Day four of the insomnia marathon…

I think I am starting to see things that aren’t really there. There is a little red bearded, green suit wearing little man sitting in one of my living room chairs. He is whistling Jessica’s theme from ‘Man from Snowy River’. Every once in a while he stands up and does a little jig. I don’t mind the whistling but with the wooden clogs tapping as he is do a jig is just too annoying!! Seriously man…STOP IT!!!

Do I remember what sleep is like? Hmmm….

Oh no! Now the little man brought friends!!! STOP THE DANCING!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Amanda... you seriously need to write a book. Or at least start submitting articles to magazines. You have a gift that people need to see. You can make the world a better place with laughter. Thanks for brightening my day.
Love ya!
~M

jeanese said...

Sorry that Sleep continues to elude you. Hope your Monday is fabulous! Sorry I missed your call today.

love you,
jeanese